Health is not simply the absence of sickness – Hannah Green
What’s going on?
Feeling a little bit off, not quite sure why your body is making you suffer?
I hate it when that happens. Especially when there doesn’t seem to be any explanation.
The good news? Traditional Chinese Medicine (which acupuncture is a part of) looks at the body in a totally new way. It may seem weird and strange at first, but the more you explore it the more it just… kind of … makes… sense!
I love to draw on many of the different techniques and styles I have learnt over the last 15 years, helping your body to come back into balance.
Symptoms and issues that you feel are like little warning lights for your body- telling you that something is off. I love to help you decode that so that you can deal with the problem (rather than just switching off the warning light).
Can I tell you a little secret? Well, I am going to anyway… I used to hate needles! Over the years I have studied many different styles of acupuncture that all have slightly different approaches and treatment styles. The best bit for you is that you will benefit from that, as I now only use techniques where you can barely feel the needles, but are able to notice the changes during a treatment.In a session you can expect to also receive one or more other aspects of treatment as listed below. Please visit the Treatment Methods page to see a full list of the different techniques I use in treatments. You may also want to have a read of the blog post Needles- A Prickly Subject? to gain a better understanding of the difference between hypodermic and acupuncture needles.
- Hormonal balance- can present in a variety of ways from menstrual issues, to fatigue, or even emotional upset
- Structural problems– can be helped by ensuring your body is in its healthiest state possible to allow it to repair itself. This may be caused by ongoing issues (chronic), or from a new injury (acute)
- Pain– Acupuncture can be FANTASTIC for helping pain of all descriptions, whether you know WHY you are experiencing pain or not. Traditionally pain is seen as a blockage, once the blockage is cleared the pain will stop
- Digestive woes– by helping to get your digestion back on track you can help stop the downward flow of symptoms that this can later cause. If your digestion is not working effectively you may have no energy, no thrill for life, sleeping problems, or weight problems just to name a few
- Sleep problems- by calming you down, and relaxing you acupuncture works really well to get you sleeping again. This will mean you will have a spring in your step in the mornings rather than dragging yourself from bed
- Headaches/Migraines– by looking at your unique set of circumstances it is possible to help reduce severity of headaches as well as preventing further ones in the future
- Fatigue– so many people are just plain tired all the time. Help your body out and help it get back on track so you are bouncing out of bed, and not wilting again by the afternoons or early evenings
- Getting “Unstuck”– so often in our lives we feel like we are spinning our wheels and getting nowhere fast. Acupuncture is fantastic at helping you find purpose, gain clearer insight and allowing you to start thinking about life with a different attitude. Now is the time to take the reigns and take charge of your life!
- Emotional balancing – Quite often in our lives we get so caught up in life that we lose touch with what we are experiencing emotionally. It is important to keep your emotions in balance as they are seen of great importance, and to have great influence on our health
- Sport or Muscle injury – Acupuncture can help to increase recovery and healing time, as well as strengthen any sites where you experience weakness/have injured in the past.
I also have a focus on women’s health, traditionally acupuncture has been used to help with:
- Pre-conception care – helping your body be as in balance as it can be prior to conception. By doing this you are ensuring you are giving your baby the best start possible. You will also helping to prevent issues later down the track such as breastfeeding problems and issues during pregnancy.
- Menstruation regulation- this is part of preconception preparation. The perfect period should last for 5 days, have a 28 day cycle, be bright red and come and go without a fuss. If this is not you then it is recommended to sort out any issues before you think about getting pregnant.
- IVF Support- There has been emerging evidence that acupuncture can assist in achieving a positive birth via ART (Optimise follicular development and endometrial lining (Yu W et.al. 2007))
- Acupuncture and Pregnancy- to help your body stay in balance and reduce the side effects
- Birth preparation- help your body and mind prepare for birth
- Breastfeeding support- helping to ensure you have enough milk for baby to stay happy and you to stay sane
- Emotional support- we all have lives that attract drama in their own way. Help your body deal with the stress of these dramas more effectively without them taking their toll. The more balanced you are the more able to cope with life you will be.
If needles are not your thing, as well as offering acupuncture, I also treat in a variety of different ways (without needles), you can read more on my Treatment Methods page.
Call me today to discuss your specific health issues, and I will be able to give you guidance on how to best address your needs.
I look forward to working with you soon!