Health is not simply the absence of sickness – Hannah Green
What’s going on?
Feeling a little bit off, not quite sure why your body is making you suffer?
I hate it when that happens. Especially when there doesn’t seem to be any explanation.
The good news? Traditional Chinese Medicine (which acupuncture is a part of) looks at the body in a totally new way. It may seem weird and strange at first, but the more you explore it the more it just… kind of … makes… sense!
I love to draw on many of the different techniques and styles I have learnt over the last 15 years, helping your body to come back into balance.
Symptoms and issues that you feel are like little warning lights for your body- telling you that something is off. I love to help you decode that so that you can deal with the problem (rather than just switching off the warning light).
Acupuncture traditionally is all about bringing the body back into balance and maintaining a sense of wellbeing.
Check out What to Expect for a run down of what occurs through a treatment.
People come to see me for a range of different issues, some of the reasons I see people may include symptoms associated with (but are not limited to):
- Musculoskeletal/ Pain
- Low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, tennis elbow, knee pain, RSI, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, sprains, acute and chronic pain, osteoarthritis, cartilage problems, restless leg syndrome, chronic pain, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder, numbness, arthralgia, migraine prevention, TMJ pain, fibromyalgia, whiplash, rheumatoid arthritis, peripheral neuropathy, sciatica, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Digestive woes
- Bloating, Crohn’s disease, indigestion, reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, nausea, vomiting, obesity, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, Inflammatory Bowel disease.
- Cardiovascular issues
Hypertension, palpitations, circulatory problems, angina, heart failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Neurological complaints
Tinnitus, Meniere’s, Bells palsy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke recovery, Multiple Sclerosis.
- Generally feeling off
Chronic fatigue syndrome, fatigue, glaucoma, restless leg sydrome.
Prostatitis pain, adult urinary incontinence, urinary retention, bladder pain syndrome, urinary tract infection, erectile dysfunction.
Migraine Prevention, TMJ pain, headaches.
- Emotional Imbalance
- Anxiety, depression, panic attacks, stress, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Immune/ Skin
Asthma, chronic urticaria, hayfever, recurrent infection, psoriasis, melasma, atopic dermatitis.
- Sport or Muscle injury
Low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, tennis elbow, knee pain, RSI, sprains, acute and chronic pain, cartilage problems, chronic pain, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder, numbness, arthralgia (joint pain), sciatica, chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Acupuncture for women’s Health
- Pre-conception care –
Infertility (male and female),poor sperm quality, primary ovarian insufficiency
- Menstruation regulation-
PMS, painful periods, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, endometriosis, painful periods, abnormal bleeding, menopausal hot flushes, uterine fibroids, ammenhorrea, irregular periods are coming off hormonal contraception
- IVF Support-
- Infertility (male and female), assisted conception combined with Artificial Reproductive Technology, poor sperm quality, primary ovarian insufficiency
- Acupuncture and Pregnancy-
Labour induction, urinary tract infection, morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, sciatica, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, reflux, birth preparation
- Emotional support-
Postnatal depression, Anxiety, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, stress
If needles are not your thing, as well as offering acupuncture, I also treat in a variety of different ways (without needles), you can read more on my Treatment Methods page.
Call me today to discuss your specific health issues, and I will be able to give you guidance on how to best address your needs.
I look forward to working with you soon!