Acupuncture with April Wood at Nurturing Life
Acupuncture at Nurturing Life
Health is not simply the absence of sickness – Hannah Green
- Hormonal balance- to help your body function optimally. If your thyroid is out your whole metabolism is thrown into chaos causing a myriad of different symptoms.
- Structural problems– can be helped by ensuring your body is in its healthiest state possible to allow it to repair itself. This may be from ongoing issues, or from a new injury.
- Pain– Acupuncture is FANTASTIC for helping pain of all descriptions, whether you know WHY you are experiencing pain or not. Generally pain is seen as a blockage, once the blockage is cleared the pain will stop.
- Digestive woes– by helping to get your digestion back on track you can help stop the downward flow of symptoms that this can later cause. If your digestion is not working effectively you will have no energy, no thrill for life, sleeping problems, weight problems just to name a few.
- Sleep problems- by calming you down and relaxing you acupuncture works really well getting you sleeping again. This will mean you will have a spring in your step in the mornings rather than dragging yourself from bed.
- Headaches/Migraines– by looking at your unique set of circumstances it is possible to help reduce severity of headaches as well as preventing further ones in the future.
- Fatigue– so many people are just plain tired all the time. Help your body out and help it get back on track so you are bouncing out of bed, and not wilting again by the afternoons or early evenings.
- Getting “Unstuck”– so often in our lives we feel like we are spinning our wheels and getting nowhere fast. Acupuncture is fantastic at helping you find purpose, gain clearer insight and allowing you to start thinking about life with a different attitude. Now is the time to take the reigns and take charge of your life!
- Emotional balancing – Quite often in our lives we get so caught up in life that we lose touch with what we are experiencing emotionally. It is important to keep your emotions in balance as they are seen of great importance, and to have great influence on our health (see Emotions and your Health for more information)
- Sport or Muscle injury – Acupuncture can help to increase recovery and healing time, as well as strengthen any sites where you experience weakness/have injured in the past.
- Pre-conception care – making sure you body is as healthy as it can get prior to conception. By doing this you are ensuring you are giving your baby the best start possible. You will also helping to prevent issues later down the track such as breastfeeding problems and issues during pregnancy.
- Acupuncture and Pregnancy- to help you have the healthy pregnancy you deserve (one free of aches and pains, morning sickness, heartburn, sciatica etc)
- Birth preparation- help you body prepare for birth, you will be taught pelvic opening massage that will help you through the birth as well as other methods that will help you and your body through your labour.
- Breastfeeding support- helping to ensure you have enough milk for baby to stay happy and you to stay sane
- Menstruation regulation- this is part of preconception preparation. The perfect period should last for 5 days, have a 28 day cycle, be bright red and come and go without a fuss. If this is not you then it is recommended to sort out any issues before you think about getting pregnant.
- Emotional support- we all have lives that attract drama in their own way. Help your body deal with these dramas more effectively without them taking their toll. The more balanced you are the more able to cope with life you will be.
If needles are not your thing, as well as offering acupuncture, I also treat in a variety of different ways (without needles), you can read more on my Treatment Methods page.
Call me today to discuss your specific health issues, and I will be able to give you guidance on how to best address your needs.
I look forward to working with you soon!